49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo explained Friday that his season-ending ACL tear is the first time he’s dealt with a serious injury.
“It sucks,” Garoppolo added. “The overall acceptance of it was tough, initially. I’ve never had a serious injury like this, so it’s different.”
According to Garoppolo, he’ll be back even stronger for the 2019 season.
“It’s disappointing that I didn’t get to see this year all the way through,” Garoppolo said, “but coming back stronger next year is the main thing now.”
- The San Francisco 49ers have WR Pierre Garcon (knee) listed as doubtful for Week 8’s game and C Weston Richburg (knee), RB Matt Breida (ankle), and CB Richard Sherman (calf) down as being questionable.
“Larry Fitzgerald is a uniquely talented human being,” Leftwich said, via AzCardinals.com. “He’ll catch everything that comes his way. We have to do a better job getting him the ball and putting him in position to make plays for us. The plays are still there in him. I don’t think he’s dead yet.”
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim reiterated during a radio interview on Friday: “We’re not trading Patrick Peterson.” (AzCardinals.com)
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out S Tre Boston (shoulder, ribs) and G Jeremy Vujnovich (hamstring) for Sunday’s game against the 49ers and have K Phil Dawson (right hip), TE Jermaine Gresham (heel), G Mike Iupati (back), DT Corey Peters (ankle), and G Justin Pugh (hand) down as being doubtful.
- The Los Angeles Rams officially list WR Cooper Kupp (knee) and LB Trevon Young (back) as doubtful for Week 8’s game against the Packers.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said the NFL is still assessing their plan for suspended LB Mychal Kendricks regarding his playing status. Carroll added that he’s hopeful they’ll hear more early next week. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll mentioned that DE Rasheem Green will be a game-day decision. (John Boyle)
- According to Carroll, LB K.J. Wright is expected to return for Week 8. (Bob Condotta)
- The Seahawks officially ruled out G Jordan Simmons (calf) and CB Neiko Thorpe (groin) for Week 8’s game.