- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan indicated that WR Trent Taylor is a candidate to be activated from injured reserve after eight weeks. (Eric Branch)
- 49ers signed OT Sam Young. (NFLTR)
- 49ers placed WR Trent Taylor on injured reserve.
There has been some more speculation in recent weeks about the Cardinals possibly trading CB Patrick Peterson. However, Cardinals GM Steve Keim made it clear on Friday that this isn’t happening.
“We’re not trading Pat and that’s something we’ve been very consistent with,” Keim said while noting that Peterson is “arguably the best corner in the National Football League.”
“You always ask yourself, does a move make us better or worse?” Keim said, via AZCardinals.com. “To lose someone like Pat Peterson would make us worse.”
- Regarding the Cardinals’ recent decision to restructure OLB Chandler Jones‘ contract, Keim said he wouldn’t read too much into it: “You want to make sure you have some flexibility moving forward. I wouldn’t read into that conversion.”
- Rams HC Sean McVay said of DT Aaron Donald being listed as questionable for Week 3: “We’re smart with him… Unless something unforeseen happens, this guy is going on Sunday.”
- McVay was asked if they would explore or pass on the possibility of adding WR Antonio Brown: “You always look into things. And we evaluate. But with the situation we have specific to the receiver position we couldn’t be happier with the guys that we do have.” (Gary Klein)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Friday that RB Rashaad Penny hurt his hamstring in practice today and is now questionable for Week 3. (Bob Condotta)
- Regarding DE Ziggy Ansah, Carroll said: “Ziggy is ready to play. He’s ready to play football.” Carroll added that Ansah should play quite a bit on Sunday. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll mentioned that Tre Flowers turned his ankle in practice on Thursday and will now work out gameday to determine his status. (John Boyle)
- As for the possibility of signing WR Antonio Brown, Carroll told reporters: “We’re pretty well set right now.” (Bob Condotta)
- The Seahawks officially list C Ethan Pocic (neck), CB Neiko Thorpe (hamstring) as doubtful for Week 3’s game and have CB Tre Flowers (ankle), S Tedric Thompson (hamstring) down as questionable.