- According to Matt Miller, scouts he’s spoken to have joked that the 49ers are not watching first-round draft prospects because they expect GM John Lynch to trade back next year to accumulate more middle-round picks.
- OUT for Week 17: DE Dee Ford (quadricep, hamstring), DT Jullian Taylor (elbow, knee)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 17: S Jaquiski Tartt (ribs)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: G Mike Person (neck)
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury announced that QB Kyler Murray (hamstring) will be a game-time decision on Sunday and added: “I’m not sure he’ll be ready to go,” (Josh Weinfuss)
- Kingsbury mentioned that Brett Hundley got the bulk of work in practice: “I don’t have a feel for it yet.” (Darren Urban)
- The Cardinals plan to promote QB Drew Anderson from their practice squad.
- OUT for Week 17: TE Darrell Daniels (biceps)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: TE Charles Clay (calf), QB Kyler Murray (hamstring)
A report recently surfaced that Wade Phillips may not be back as the Rams’ defensive coordinator in 2020.
When asked about the report, Phillips said he’s heard the rumors, but still wants to continue coaching.
“I’ve heard a lot of rumors out there, but I don’t pay attention to rumors,” said Phillips, via ESPN.com. “I’m going to do the best that I can do and if that’s not good enough for somebody, then it isn’t.”
Rams HC Sean McVay said he spoke with Phillips about the reports that have surfaced.
“Wade and I discuss those things so we make sure there’s a clear understanding of what goes on,” McVay said. “And we keep those things behind closed doors.
“We’ll finish off this season… we’ll take some time to really be able to reflect back on the year, look back at some of the things that we need to do as we’re moving forward.”
- OUT for Week 17: RB Darrell Henderson (ankle), CB Jalen Ramsey (knee)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 17: CB Troy Hill (thumb)
- On Friday, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin did a great job in practice this week and mentioned that they’ve seamlessly caught on their offense. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Regarding LT Duane Brown returning from surgery, Carroll said he’s now working past the swelling and is week-to-week. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Seahawks RB Robert Turbin said of being back in Seattle: “It’s a great feeling. It’s like a dream come true, almost like getting drafted all over again. This is the place that I wanted to be if I had my choice. God made it happen. I’m here. I’m extremely blessed and excited for the opportunity.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- OUT for Week 17: T Duane Brown (knee, biceps), WR Malik Turner (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 17: S Quandre Diggs (ankle), C Ethan Pocic (core)