According to GM John Lynch, the 49ers successful free agency period allows them to take the best player available with the No. 2 overall pick.
“In terms of what we did, it gave us flexibility,” Lynch said via NBC Sports Bay Area. “We had some ideas of areas where we had to get better. And what we did gave us flexibility to just focus on going out and getting the best player available, particularly with that top spot, regardless of the position.”
- The 49ers hired Dustin Little as their new head athletic trainer. (Nick Wagoner)
- Albert Breer doubts the Cardinals will trade down from No. 1 overall because they really like Kyler Murray and will “seriously consider taking him” to open this year’s draft.
- Breer says there’s a “50.000000023%” chance Josh Rosen is traded.
- Breer mentions that teams in position to compete now like the Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, Saints and possibly the Packers could make sense for Rosen, given that they could acquire him now and get him ready to take over for their current starter down the road. Rosen is owed just $6.24 million over the next three years and has a fifth-option that can be picked up.
- The Cardinals sent their WR coach to UMass WR Andy Isabella‘s pro day and reportedly spent a significant amount of time with him. (Tony Pauline)
In a radio show interview with former teammates said free agent WR Jermaine Kearse would love to return to his hometown team, the Seahawks.
“Yeah. Look, I would love to play back in Seattle,” Kearse said via Pro Football Talk. “Obviously things have to work out in its own and things have to be right. It would be an opportunity that would be a great opportunity.”