On Thursday, 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo threw interceptions on five straight pass attempts. However, Garoppolo says it’s not something he’ll dwell on.
“That day I was pretty ticked off . . . the defense got the best of me,” Garoppolo said, via KNBR. “It was just five bad decisions. The defense got me . . . you can’t dwell on those things.”
- 49ers G Mike Person was seen Friday with his left foot in an orthopedic boot and on crutches. (Cam Inman)
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said during an interview Arizona Sports 98.7 that he has a “tremendous amount of confidence” in rookie QB Kyler Murray.
“I have a tremendous amount of confidence in our quarterback,” Keim said, via AzCardinals.com. “He has a supreme amount of confidence. For him to have a night like that is, to me, what you want early on. To see the different looks, different pressures, and to go through growing pains. That’s the only way a young guy like that can evolve.”
However, Keim made it clear that large portion of the roster is still competing for roster spots.
“The mindset I have — and I think the players need to adopt this a little more — is that we are not the Arizona Cardinals now,” Keim said. “We are 90 men that are trying to win a job. There is no doubt, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, Kyler Murray, Chandler Jones, all those guys are on this football team, They’re Cardinals, but until we get down to 53, you have to win a job here. There are a number of players who maybe have gotten too comfortable or think they are going to make this team, maybe they aren’t playing with the level of urgency I would like to see.
“If we have to claim 15 guys [on the waiver wire] and replace those players, we’ll do what we have to do.”
- Keim said their reported visit with free agent DL Corey Liuget is scheduled for Saturday. (Darren Urban)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Friday that DE Ziggy Ansah had a minor groin pull in workouts about five days ago but it shouldn’t affect his Week 1 availability. (Curtis Crabtree)
- According to Carroll, Seahawks G Mike Iupati had a calf issue pop up in workouts as well.
- Regarding first-round DE L.J. Collier, Carroll mentioned that it’s still unclear when he’ll return. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll also announced that G Jordan Simmons had surgery on his knee and is “in recovery mode.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Seahawks RB Bo Scarbrough also suffered a groin injury in practice this week. (Bob Condotta)
- Henderson adds that Seattle is projected to have 10 draft picks next year, which means it would not be surprising if they continued the trend and agreed to another trade before the roster cuts deadline.
- Henderson mentions that defensive line could be an area where the Seahawks are looking to upgrade in the coming weeks.
- Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner (lower body) and QB Geno Smith (knee) returned to practice Friday. (Brady Henderson)