- San Francisco met with Illinois RB Reggie Corbin, USF TE Mitchell Wilcox, Tennessee TE Dominick Wood-Anderson, Western Michigan TE Giovanni Ricci, North Dakota State TE Ben Ellefson, Michigan OT Jon Runyan, FAU LB Rashad Smith, Illinois LB Dele Harding, Army CB Elijah Riley and Florida P Tommy Townsend at the Shrine Bowl. (The Draft Network)
- San Francisco met with N.C. State DT Larell Murchison Tuesday at the Senior Bowl. (Charlie Campbell)
- The 49ers also met with Texas WR Collin Johnson. (Charlie Campbell)
- San Francisco met with Syracuse DE Alton Robinson Wednesday at the Senior Bowl. (Charlie Campbell)
- The 49ers also met with Alabama LB Anfernee Jennings. (Charlie Campbell)
- San Francisco met with Ohio State LB Malik Harrison Thursday at the Senior Bowl. (Charlie Campbell)
- Per Pro Football Network’s Cole Thompson, the Cardinals met with Texas A&M WR Quartney Davis at the Senior Bowl.
- Arizona met with Michigan DE Michael Danna and Miami LB Shaquille Quarterman at the Shrine Bowl. (The Draft Network)
- Arizona met with Nebraska CB Lamar Jackson and Michigan S Josh Metellus Wednesday at the Senior Bowl. (Charlie Campbell)
- The Cardinals also met with Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk. (Charlie Campbell)
- Arizona met with Utah State QB Jordan Love Thursday at the Senior Bowl. (Charlie Campbell)
Seahawks QB Russell Wilson has a reputation as one of the more buttoned-up players in the league when it comes to press conferences. However, perhaps fueled by more of a sense of urgency as he turned 31 this past November, Wilson said in an interview with ESPN he thought Seattle needed a few more impact players to get over the hump in the NFC and advance past the divisional round for the first time since losing the Super Bowl in 2015. The Seahawks traditionally prefer to build through the draft, but have some major decisions in free agency coming up soon, including how much to pay to make sure DE Jadeveon Clowney doesn’t leave town.
“I think we need a couple more [players],” Wilson said via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “I think we need a couple more. Jadeveon is a big-time guy that we would love to get back on our football team. He was so good in the locker room. He brought so many just havoc plays to the field. Hopefully, we can get a few other players there on the defense. Then also on offense, we have a great offense, but I think we can always add more pieces. I think that’s going to be the part that’s going to be great with [GM] John Schneider and [coach] Pete [Carroll], as well, in terms of this offseason’s free agency. Free agency is very, very key to getting those superstars on your team and try to get great players that can fill the space.”