Home 49ers NFC West Notes: 49ers, Rams, Seahawks
- Tom Pelissero reports that the 49ers are signing WR Deontay Burnett to their practice squad.
- According to Pelissero, the 49ers worked out a number of receivers on Monday including Jordan Lasley and Jaylen Smith.
- Regarding the Rams’ decision to trade CB Marcus Peters to the Ravens on Tuesday, Vincent Bonsignore says that Los Angeles has been encouraged by the play of Troy Hill and really want to see what their younger corners can do.
- The Rams freed up over $5 million of cap space with this trade, but Bonsignore mentions the sense he’s getting is that cap space wasn’t the main objective with this deal.
- According to Jason Fitzgerald, the Rams trading Peters will result in around $5.5 million of net cap space and leave them in the ballpark of $7.5 million of cap room to work with right now. Fitzgerald says this should be enough for the Rams to open up other trade possibilities if they are still shopping for deals.
- Rams traded CB Marcus Peters to the Ravens for LB Kenny Young and a 2020 fifth-round pick. (NFLTR)
- Rams traded a 2021 fifth-round pick to the Browns for OL Austin Corbett. (NFLTR)
- Rams placed G Joseph Noteboom on injured reserve.
- Rams signed WR Nsimba Webster to their practice squad.