- Per ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss, Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said second-round rookie CB Byron Murphy‘s best fit is in the slot as opposed to outside where he’s been forced to play recently.
- The Cardinals brought in DaShaun Amos, Reggie Begelton and Derrick Moncrief for tryouts on Wednesday. Arizona also hosted Chris Streveler for a visit. (Aaron Wilson)
- Cardinals placed LB Tanner Vallejo and CB Kevin Peterson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals promoted LB Vontarrius Dora to their active roster.
- Cardinals signed CB Andre Chachere off of the Panthers’ practice squad.
- Cardinals signed LB Keishawn Bierria off of the Jaguars’ practice squad.
- Cardinals signed CB Duke Thomas and LB Jamey Mosley to their practice squad.
49ers HC Kyle Shanahan confirmed that they placed a waiver claim for LB Terrell Suggs after he was cut by the Cardinals.
“We just thought he would help us, a good pass rusher out there who’s a vet,” said Shanahan, via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports. “[Suggs] could help a lot of teams and we would’ve definitely preferred for him to help us over people we have to go against.”
- Per Maiocco, 49ers’ first-round DE Nick Bosa acknowledged he is playing a lot more in the NFL than he was in college with Ohio State.
- According to ESPN’s Field Yates, 49ers CB Richard Sherman earned a $1 million incentive and increased his 2020 base salary by $1 million by making the Pro Bowl this year.
- Per ESPN’s Lindsey Thiry, Rams QB Jared Goff said his thumb is “a little stiff” but he should be fine soon: “I’ll be good in a day or two. I should be just fine.”
- Rams K Greg Zuerlein has a quad issue that has made his availability this week uncertain, so HC Sean McVay said Los Angeles will work out some kickers Thursday. (Thiry)
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times expects Seahawks WRs Malik Turner and Jaron Brown to receive more playing time following Josh Gordon‘s suspension.
- Condotta writes that the Seahawks could move LB K.J. Wright to the middle linebacker spot if Bobby Wagner (ankle) is unable to play in Week 16.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said, however, he has no doubt that Wagner will play this week. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll added both DEs Jadeveon Clowney and Ezekiel Ansah would try to practice this week and he didn’t know yet if they would be able to play. (Condotta)
- Seahawks signed LB Dekoda Watson. (NFLTR)
- Seahawks signed LB Sutton Smith to their practice squad.