- Per Darren Urban of the team website, Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury confirmed the team released WR Michael Crabtree to ensure it had enough reps to develop its younger wide receivers.
- Kingsbury added second-round rookie WR Andy Isabella still needs to earn his way to more snaps.
- Cardinals P Andy Lee (hip flexor) will try to return to practice in the next two days, with practice squad P Ryan Winslow the backup plan if he can’t return by Sunday. (Urban)
Regarding 49ers RB Tevin Coleman (ankle) returning to practice on Monday, HC Kyle Shanahan said he is looking forward to figuring out how to use all four of their running backs, including Coleman, Jeff Wilson, Matt Breida and Raheem Mostert.
“Yeah, it’s always pretty tough to use four ‘backs throughout a game,” said Shanahan, via Matt Barrows of The Athletic. “But that’s a problem I’m looking forward to having to try to figure out.”
As for Wilson, Shanahan praised how he has played in the red zone after being elevated from the practice squad but was unclear on how they plan to use him after Coleman returns.
“I mean, I think he’s run the ball very well in the red zone,” Shanahan said. “I think we’ve blocked pretty well down there, too. I think he’s been more of our north-and-south, downhill runner. I think Tevin’s very similar to that, also, and I think at times Raheem and Breida can do that. We’re willing to use all of them, but what we’ve asked Jeff to do in these two weeks he’s done very well.”
- According to the Athletic’s Matt Barrows, the 49ers are also expected to have WR Jalen Hurd and S Jimmie Ward healthy and back to playing following the Week 4 bye.
- 49ers DE Dee Ford said he intends to play through knee tendinitis the rest of the season after rest and treatment have yet to solve the issue: “It’s nothing that I can’t take care of. I’ve been through worse.”
- Ford added surgery once the season was over was an option on the table.
- Per the Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said the Steelers had been after TE Nick Vannett for a while. Seattle’s comfort and experience level with Luke Willson helped them feel comfortable in dealing Vannett for an extra pick.
- Willson was actually at the airport on the way to work out for the Redskins when he got a call from the Seahawks. (Condotta)
- Despite Seahawks RB Chris Carson losing a fumble in each of the past three games, Carroll says the team is sticking with him: “You’re going to see absolute support for our guy. He’s a great football player. … You will not see my waver in my support for Chris.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Seahawks traded TE Nick Vannett to the Steelers for a 2020 fifth-round pick. (NFLTR)
- Seahawks signed TE Luke Willson. (NFLTR)
- Seahawks signed LB Malik Carney to their practice squad.