- WR Andrew Hawkins has been praised as a “dynamic, explosive, quick player who creates mismatch problems for people.” (Shannon Russell)
- LB Thomas Howard is out for the season due to tearing his ACL during practice on Wednesday. (Joe Reedy)
- LB Roddrick Muckelroy re-signed with the team.
- RB Bernard Scott is questionable for week 2 due to an injured hand. (Joe Reedy)
- Offensive Coordinator Brad Childress says that RB Trent Richardson will show improvements in production as he continues to move toward being in football shape. (Steve Doerschuk)
- Rookie DL Billy Winn started at defensive tackle beside DL Ahtyba Rubin week 1. (Nate Ulrich)
- TE Ben Watson is questionable for week 2.
- RB Chris “Beanie” Wells did not have any problems with his hamstring during week 1. (Paul Coro)
- WR Andre Roberts‘ work ethic has been praised by head coach Ken Whisenhunt by comparing his work ethic to former Steelers WR Hines Ward. (Darren Urban)
- QB John Skelton is doubtful for week 2. (Mike Jurecki)
- Signs point that RB Ryan Mathews will not play week 2 according to Scott Bair of the North County Times.
- RB Ryan Mathews practiced on Friday. (Michael Gehlken)
- TE Antonio Gates practiced on Friday. (Michael Gehlken)
- OL Winston Justice will likely play week 2 against the Vikings. (Tom James)
- WR Austin Collie will likely play week 2 against the Vikings despite the fact he didn’t practice Thursday. (Tom James)
- WR Austin Collie sat out of practice due to doctors “advice”. (Phillip B Wilson)
- LB Dwight Freeney is out for week 2 due to an injured ankle. (Phil Richards)
- Both WR DeSean Jackson and WR Jeremy Maclin practiced Friday. (Reuben Frank)
- Both WR DeSean Jackson and WR Jeremy Maclin are listed as questionable for week 2.
- RB Bryce Brown has “earned” a chance to play, says offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. (Les Bowen)
- Head coach Tom Coughlin expects WR Hakeem Nicks to play week 2 despite the fact he is listed as questionable. (Art Stapleton)
- RB Rashad Jennings did not practice due to an injured knee. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- RB Rashad Jennings is “not close to playing” according to Ryan O’Halloran
- Free Agent DB Jaiquawn Jarrett works out for team. (Adam Caplan)
- TE Dedrick Epps was signed from the Bears practice squad. (Rich Cimini)
- TE Dustin Keller did not practice on Friday due to a hamstring injury. (Manish Mehta)
- TE Dustin Keller is not going to play week 2.
- Punt-return duties will continue to be split between WR Jacoby Jones and DB Lardarius Webb. (Aaron Wilson)
- WR Devery Henderson will not play week 2.
- WR Nate Washington is listed as questionable after missing practice Friday. (Terry McCormick)
- QB Jake Locker will start week 2. (Jim Wyatt)
- RB Javon Ringer could have lost his left arm if the Titans did not find out about his arm infection when they did. (Jim Wyatt)