There’s a lot of news and rumors circulating around due to the NFL Combine, so we’ll be updating this post throughout the day. Check in for the last updates.
- Georgia LB Jarvis Jones will not work out at this year’s NFL Combine and instead focus on his Pro Day. (Adam Schefter)
- Alabama CB Dee Milliner will undergo surgery following the Scouting Combine to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. (ESPN.com)
- Alabama OT D.J. Fluker has dropped 16 pounds since the Senior Bowl and weighed in at 339 pounds on Thursday. This could boast his draft stock a bit. (Daniel Jeremiah)
- Short arms could be an issue for Stanford TE Zach Ertz. (CBS Sports)
- North Carolina G Jonathan Cooper measured 6-foot-2 1/8 and 311 pounds, which could be an indication that he may play center at the next level.
- There’s been a lot of buzz surrounding Duke QB Sean Renfree as a potential sleeper in this year’s draft.
- “Rumors persist” that Florida State DE Tank Carradine will be able to work out for NFL teams before the draft. (National Football Post)
- GM Trent Baalke mentioned that 2012 first-round pick WR A.J. Jenkins didn’t see a lot of playing time due to the fact that he didn’t know the team’s offense. (Sacramento Bee)
- The Chicago Bears could target LT Jermon Bushrod during free agency. (NFLTR)
- New HC Marc Trestman mentioned that the evaluation of free agent Brian Urlacher is an “ongoing process.” (Jeff Dickerson)
- GM Phil Emery told reporters on Thursday that Shea McClellin will stay at defensive end. (Brad Biggs)
- GM Phil Emery mentioned free agent G Lance Louis is progressing well following ACL surgery.
- GM Phil Emery indicated that they may consider re-signing OT Jonathan Scott this offseason. (Chicago Tribune)
- President Russ Brandon mentioned that they intend to use the franchise tag as a last resort. Jarius Byrd figures to be the most likely candidate for the designation. (Tim Graham)
- There appears to be a growing sense that the Bills will not be able to retain free agent G Andy Levitre. (NFLTR)
- Buffalo has yet to approach QB Ryan Fitzpatrick about restructuring his contract. (Buffalo News)
- GM Buddy Nix mentioned that they would like keep free agent CB/KR Leodis McKelvin. (BuffaloBills.com)
- HC Greg Schiano mentioned that they’ve yet contact free agent FS Ronde Barber about returning next season.
- The Cowboys began informal extension discussions with the Tony Romo‘s representatives on Wednesday. (CBSDFW.com)
- VP Stephen Jones mentioned that it’s a “real possibility” they could draft replace for free agent Felix Jones this year. (Dallas Morning News)
- VP Stephen Jones said that he “wouldn’t rule Doug [Free] out.” (Dallas Morning News)
- GM Jeff Ireland “indicated” that they’ve already decided on who will be franchised in the next few days. (Gregg Rosenthal)
- GM Jeff Ireland mentioned that he “certainly would” envision Reggie Bush having a role in their offense next season. (Palm Beach Post)
- GM Jeff Ireland referred to re-signing free agent DT Randy Starks as a priority. (Palm Beach Post)
- The Lions are expected to restructure the contract of WR Nate Burleson to free up some extra cap space. (Dave Birkett)
- CB Alfonzo Dennard is unlikely to face a suspension from the league because the incident took place before he was an NFL player. (Boston Globe)
- GM Ruston Webster told reporters that they will retain free agent TE Jared Cook this offseason. Franchise tag seems more likely than a long-term deal. (Terry McCormick)
- GM Ruston Webster m mentioned that they want to “improve our OL and overall defensively” this offseason. Webster added he’s not opposed to drafting G in first-round. (Rob Rang)
- The Titans plan to tender an offer to restricted free agent C Fernando Velasco. (Nashville Tennessean)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!