- Although Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area does not think 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan wants to make a change at quarterback, he writes that Shanahan “may not have any other options” if Brian Hoyer continues to struggle.
- Regardless, Maiocco believes it is “highly doubtful” the 49ers will sign a quarterback unless an injury occurs.
- If the 49ers do, in fact, sign a quarterback, Maiocco mentions that Matt Barkley as a potential option for San Francisco, given that he was with the team this summer before being released.
- As for impending free agents on the team, Maiocco has RB Carlos Hyde as the top on his list of players to re-sign, and believes Hyde should command a three-year contract.
- Maiocco names impending free agent safeties Jaquiski Tartt and Eric Reid as two players that are “expendable” for the 49ers, but he could see Tartt receiving an extension.
- 49ers DE Tank Carradine and LB Aaron Lynch may not be “big priorities” to re-sign, according to Maiocco.
- Raiders CB David Amerson said he is not worried about his third concussion in the past 13 months: “I don’t think it’s as serious as people think it is or the numbers (suggest). I ain’t even that worried about it.” (Michael Gehlken)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!