Bill Williamson of ESPN.com has the 49ers carrying only two quarterback on their 53-man roster: Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert.
- Williamson believes 2012 second-round pick LaMichael James will have hard time making the team this year.
- Other veterans could be on the roster bubble include: S Craig Dahl, OL Adam Snyder, and WR Kassim Osgood.
Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com doesn’t have former Boise State QB Kellen Moore cracking the team’s 53-man roster, and believes the Lions could keep just two quarterbacks.
- Interestingly enough, Rothstein has only three tight ends on Detroit’s projected roster: Eric Ebron, Brandon Pettigrew, and Joseph Fauria.
Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com has seventh-round pick DE Michael Sam projected to make the Rams’ final 53-man roster.
Wagoner admits that in order for Sam to win the job, he’ll need to beat out Sammy Brown, Matt Conrath and undrafted rookie Ethan Westbrooks in training camp.
Wagoner adds that if Sam is able to show some ability on special teams, it would go a long way towards helping him secure a roster spot.
- Wagoner also has the Rams keeping just five cornerbacks with E.J. Gaines, Greg Reid and Marcus Roberson competing for the final roster spot.
- QB Austin Davis is not projected to make the team as Wagoner believes rookie Garrett Gilbert is more likely to win the job.
Terry Blount of ESPN.com doesn’t have veteran WR Sidney Rice making the Seahawks’ final 53-man roster.
However, Blount admits that there is a chance Rice could beat out either Ricardo Lockette or Kevin Norwood for the sixth receiver spot.
- Blount also believes there is a “surprise cut” coming regarding Seattle’s defensive line. As of now, Blount seems to think former third-round pick Jordan Hill could be the odd man out, but he’ll get an opportunity to compete with DT Jesse Williams for a roster spot.
- According to Blount, O’Brien Schofield is also on the roster bubble.