- Browns DE Dylan Wynn reverted to the team’s injured reserve after being waived/injured earlier this week. (Nate Ulrich)
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said there is “no sense of urgency” to sign a veteran quarterback to bring into training camp. (David Moore)
- Moore goes on to write that the Cowboys will let the current situation play out and wait until the end of the month to see if another quarterback is available.
- Jones also said that Dallas did not make a big push to sign QB Nick Foles in the final 48 hours before he signed with the Chiefs. (David Moore)
- Cowboys OC Scott Linehan said regarding the team’s backup quarterback situation: “I think sometimes you make mistakes doing it too early, too fast. We’ve got to do some research. We’ve already got good information on a lot of players through our scouting department. We’re going to look within our team first and of course consider anything. We had an injury to Kellen, obviously the QB position is a topic for us. We’re looking at any and every possibility right now. It’s too early to say what we’re going to do, but we’re certainly going to do our diligence on whoever it is,” via Clarence E. Hill of the Star-Telegram.
- According to Adam Caplan, Seahawks FB/TE Brandon Cottom and TE Ronnie Shields are both believed to have suffered torn Achilles’ injuries and are going through testing to determine the severity.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said TE Jimmy Graham (knee) and RB Thomas Rawls (ankle) are “getting really close” to being recovered from their injuries. (Sheil Kapadia)
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times could see TE Brandon Williams making the 53-man roster after Carroll said he has “made a good impression” and that he could “see him fitting in.”
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said Saturday’s scrimmage will be key in the competition for starting right tackle duties between T.J. Clemmings and Andre Smith. (Brian Murphy)
- For what it’s worth, Smith has received more time with the first team this offseason.