Former Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez has been convicted of first-degree murder and other charges. He was found guilty on all charges: first degree murder, possession of ammo, and possession of a Glock.
Massachusetts does not have the death penalty, which means Hernandez will get life in prison without parole.
Before today’s verdict, there was talk that Hernandez had a decent chance of winning this case, but it appears as though this was overly optimistic.
Hernandez will also stand trial for a 2012 double murder at some point.
Joel Corry reports that the Raiders signed WR Michael Crabtree to a one-year, $3.2 million contract that includes a $1.3 million signing bonus, a $250,000 workout bonus and $250,000 in per-game roster bonuses.
Corry adds that Crabtree’s deal includes $1.8 million in incentives that are not likely to be earned. Crabtree would get $400,000 for making the Pro Bowl and $1.4 million based on receptions or receiving yards.
This breaks down to him receiving $400,000 for recording 70 catches or 900 yards. Beyond that, he can make as much as $1.4 million if he records 100 catches or 1,400 yards, according to Corry.
- The Jets signed RB Stevan Ridley to a one-year deal worth $1.25M. The agreement includes an $80K signing bonus, a $750K salary, $20K roster bonus for the first game of the season, $21,875 in per-game active bonuses, and a $50K workout bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Broncos signed TE James Casey to a one-year deal worth $1.25 million. The agreement includes a $500,000 roster bonus and a $750,000 salary. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Jets signed LB Joe Mays to a one-year deal worth $950,000. The deal includes an $870K salary, a $20K first-game roster bonus, and a $60K signing bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Dolphins signed CB Zach Bowman to a one-year deal worth $825,000. The agreement includes a salary of $745,000 and an $80,000 signing bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Packers signed FB John Kuhn to a one-year Packers deal worth $895,000. The agreement includes a $870,000 salary, $25K Pro Bowl incentives, and a $25K workout bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Packers signed S Sean Richardson to a one-year deal worth $2.55M, which includes a $1M salary that’s guaranteed, a $200K reporting bonus on third day of camp, and a $1.35M signing bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ross Jones reports that the Saints are hosting Mississippi State DT Kaleb Eulls, Tenn-Chattanooga OLB Davis Tull and Fresno State DT Tyeler Davison.