- Albert Breer notes that Raiders OLB Aldon Smith is now set to be an unrestricted free agent, as his contract carries no tolls towards 2016 in result of today’s suspension.
- Interesting enough, Raiders HC Jack Del Rio said on Sirius XM Radio that he has yet to receive word from the NFL regarding Smith’s suspension.
The NFL released a statement on Tuesday saying that Browns QB Johnny Manziel won’t be disciplined for an alleged domestic incident involving his girlfriend.
Consistent with the procedures of the league’s Personal Conduct Policy, we have examined the available evidence regarding the recent incident involving Johnny Manziel. Our investigation included a thorough review of information from law enforcement and our own interviews with multiple individuals, including the two involved in the incident. Based on the information gathered, we have concluded that there is an insufficient basis on which to take disciplinary action. In all cases of this nature, under the Personal Conduct Policy our concern goes well beyond the issue of discipline, and we have made comprehensive professional resources available on a confidential basis.
- Dolphins worked out former Patriots LB Cameron Gordon on Tuesday. (Brett Tessler)
Don Banks of SI.com, citing a league source, reports that Jets DE Sheldon Richardson could still receive a suspension for his off-the-field incident during the current season.
“There’s nothing I see involving these that I would say it’s unlikely something would happen in the way of an in-season decision,” said Banks’ source. “I don’t anticipate that this is the kind of thing that would necessarily stretch into next year for a decision.”
The NFL is still doing their due diligence in the respective case.
Raiders OLB Aldon Smith just received a one-year suspension from the NFL, so this is something to keep an eye on in regards to Richardson.
- Lions signed WR Corey Washington and LB Khaseem Greene to their practice squad. (Tim Twentyman)
- Patriots have worked out the following players this week: TE Joseph Fauria, RB Dominique Brown, WR Andre Davis, DE Glenn Foster, WR Antwan Goodley, DB Chris Greenwood, RB Marlon Grice, DB Jonathon Mincy and TE Justin Tukes. (Mike Reiss)
- Vikings announced that they have signed TE Dominique Jones to their practice squad.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!