Home Bengals NFL Notes: Bengals, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, & Patriots
- Bengals signed sixth-round WR Cody Core to a four-year contract.
- The Bills picked up around $7.5 million in 2016 cap space now that they’ve signed LT Cordy Glenn to a contract extension. (Mike Rodak)
- Glenn’s base salaries in his new contract break down to: $3M (2016), $9M (2017), $9.25M (2018), $7.25M (2019), and $7.5M (2020). (Mike Rodak)
- Glenn’s cap figures will be: $6.2M (2016), $14.2M (2017), $14.45M (2018), $12.45M (2019), and $12.7M (2020). (Mike Rodak)
- The Miami Dolphins announced Saturday that they have signed sixth-round picks WR Jakeem Grant and CB Jordan Lucas to four-year contracts.
- Rich Cimini could see the Jets’ standoff with free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick lasting until July, and the start of training camp.
- Even if Fitzpatrick elects to skip voluntary workouts, it still benefits the Jets in that there would be more reps available for the other quarterbacks.
- The next key date worth keeping an eye on, according to Cimini, is June 14, which is the start of mandatory minicamp.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that the Patriots’ decision to not draft an offensive tackle is probably good news for Marcus Cannon and LaAdrian Waddle.
- Both Cannon and Waddle could end up completing to be the team’s swing-tackle in 2016.