- Aaron Wilson reports that the Broncos worked out P Alex Knight on Friday.
Mike Wells of ESPN takes a look at some potential replacements for current Colts HC Chuck Pagano.
Wells’ list includes:
- Chiefs special-teams coach Dave Toub
- Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels
- Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh
- ESPN analyst Jon Gruden
- Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur
- Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich
While interim GM Kevin Abrams has been the Giants’ cap expert in recent years, he says that he’s done more than just focus on the team’s salary cap.
“My role has been more than just doing the cap stuff,” Abrams tells Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. “I wasn’t raised to be a cap guy. It was just the opportunity that was given to me and I was grateful of the opportunity. And the Giants do a great job with everyone — not just me, but we’re all encouraged to grow professionally. And like everyone else, I was getting a lot of opportunities to do that and I tried to take advantage of them whenever I could. A lot of that included being involved with our personnel departments.”
Abrams officially interviewed for the Giants’ GM vacancy on Friday (NFLTR).
- Jordan Raanan reports that the thinking among sources in and around the Giants is that their GM search will continue into the New Year.
- According to Michael Gehlken, Raiders WR Amari Cooper was limited in Saturday’s practice due to an ankle injury and is listed as questionable for Week 16’s Monday night game. However, Cooper is still expected to play.
- Raiders HC Jack Del Rio said there’s a “good chance” that Cooper will play: “A good chance we’ll have him.” (Michael Gehlken)
- The Raiders have ruled out DE Mario Edwards Jr. and DT Treyvon Hester from Week 16, while CB David Amerson is doubtful. (Eddie Paskal)