Home Browns NFL Notes: Browns, Jets, Patriots, Raiders
- According to Michael Lombardi, Ron Wolf and Bill Parcells were “involved” in helping the Browns find their next GM.
- Lombardi has heard that former Browns executive VP Sashi Brown was trying to find a “football guy” to help the front office before he was let go earlier in the week.
- Lombardi adds that Brown was aware that the team was trying to find a football-minded executive, but he thought he would be allowed to stay with the team.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN views Jets RB Matt Forte as a player “likely” to be cut this offseason, while CB Buster Skrine and DL Steve McLendon could be other players the team parts ways with.
- Though Cimini believes RB Bilal Powell is “safe”, he points out that Powell carries a high cap number and will be 30-years old next season.
- According to Cimini, Jets WR Quincy Enunwa will “from all indications” be recovered from the surgery underwent for a bulging disc in his neck by training camp.
- Cimini expects the Jets to tender Enunwa as a restricted free agent and allow him to audition for a spot under a one-year contract.
- As for impending free-agent WR Jeremy Kerley, Cimini does not think the Jets will re-sign him.
- The Patriots have officially ruled out LB Kyle Van Noy (calf) and RT Marcus Cannon (ankle) from Monday night’s game.
- New England also lists LB Marquis Flowers (knee), DE Trey Flowers (rib), RB Mike Gillislee (illness), CB Stephon Gilmore (ankle), WR Chris Hogan (shoulder), S Brandon King (hamstring), RB Dion Lewis (illness), CB Eric Rowe (groin), WR Matt Slater (hamstring), OT LaAdrian Waddle (ankle), and DE Deatrich Wise (foot) as questionable for Week 14.
- Michael Gehlken reports that Raiders CB Antonio Hamilton traveled with the team to Kansas City for their Week 14 game, but won’t be activated from injured reserve.
- Gehlken adds that Hamilton is still eligible to return for Week 15’s matchup with the Cowboys.