- Rick Stroud reports that the Buccaneers have picked up their club option for all of the team’s assistant coaches for the 2018 season.
- According to Stroud, it’s still possible that there could be some tweaks to the Bucs’ coaching staff.
- Jason La Canfora reports that Vikings OC Pat Shurmur would have been the Cardinals’ “top target” but he’s now considered to be a “virtual lock” to be the next head coach of the Giants.
- According to La Canfora, two options worth watching for Arizona are Panthers DC Steve Wilks and Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak among others.
- Titans GM Jon Robinson told reporters on Monday that the decision to fire HC Mike Mularkey was made this morning.
- According to Robinson, Mularkey’s comments that he planned to keep his assistant coaches in place played a factor in their decision to move on along with his message of continuity following Sunday’s press conference. (Cameron Wolfe)
- Robinson explained that he felt it was best to look for new leadership to “maximize the skill sets of the players on the field.” (Cameron Wolfe)
- As for their coaching search, Robinson said it begins immediately. (Jim Wyatt)
- Robinson admitted that owner Amy Adams Strunk has the final say in all team matters. However, he will have “strong input” in who the team’s next head coach will be. (Jim Wyatt)
- Robinson wouldn’t put a timetable on when they will hire someone. (Jim Wyatt)
- Robinson stressed that it’s “paramount” that he and the new coach be aligned philosophically. (Paul Kuharsky)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said Monday that he doesn’t know yet who is backup QB will be Sunday between Sam Bradford or Teddy Bridgewater. (Chris Tomasson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!