- Buccaneers announced that WR Cecil Shorts will not play during Week 5 due to a hamstring injury.
- Tampa Bay listed RB Doug Martin (hamstring), RB Chris Sims (knee), DT Gerald McCoy (calf), DE Robert Ayers (ankle), and DT Clinton McDonald (hamstring) as doubtful for Monday night.
- Although the Cowboys kept free agent K Kai Forbath in Dallas after working him out this week, the team decided that K Dan Bailey (back) is healthy enough to play during Week 5. (Adam Schefter)
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes the Jets would create $7 million in cap space and $8 million in dead money by releasing CB Darrelle Revis at the end of the season.
- Cimini could only see the Jets pursuing quarterbacks like Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, or Trevor Siemian in free agency if they are not sold on Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg.
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera said he is “pretty comfortable” with RB Jonathan Stewart (hamstring) returning for Week 6. However, he has already been ruled out this week. (Joe Person)
- Carolina declared the following players out for Monday’s Week 5 game: QB Cam Newton (concussion), OT Michael Oher (concussion), RB Jonathan Stewart (hamstring), DT Vernon Butler (ankle), and CB James Bradberry (foot).