- According to ESPN’s Mike Wells, Robert Mathis didn’t re-tear his Achilles, but instead suffered a “slight setback.”
- Wells mentions that the Colts need help at safety, defensive lineman, offensive lineman and in the pass-rushing department.
- He would be “shocked” if they targeted either a running back or a wide receiver in the first round.
- Wells could see the Colts targeting a veteran safety and adding a younger player as well.
- Joel Corry mentions that the 2015 and 2016 years in RT Doug Free‘s contract officially voided on Sunday.
- Corry adds that the Cowboys will have a $3.98 million cap charge from the bonus proration in those two years.
- The Cowboys gained $8,382,311 of cap room by declining to pick up the option on Henry Melton’s contract, according to Corry.
- Field Yates reports that Patriots QB Tom Brady is due a $5 million payment today as part of his $30 million signing bonus he got from his 2013 contract extension.
- Nick Wagoner can see the Rams spending big on “at least one free agent” in the event they lose OT Joe Barksdale and release C Scott Wells.
- Wagoner could see the Rams placing an emphasis on shoring up the tight end and/or cornerback positions.
- Wagoner mentions that aside from trading up for one of the top two quarterback prospects, there isn’t any realistic quarterback option for the Rams that looks all that appealing.