- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wants to take 24-48 hours to marinate on his decision to move on from HC Jason Garrett, including how to handle the departure.
- However, Rapoport adds the decision has already been made to move on from Garrett and any announcement will be a formality.
- Per Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson, Ravens OC Greg Roman is a name to watch for the Cowboys, as his success with mobile quarterbacks would be a good fit with Dak Prescott.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Dolphins replaced OC Chad O’Shea with Chan Gailey because O’Shea’s offense was a little too complex for all of Miami’s young players.
- According to Tony Pauline of PFN, O’Shea was seen as a great WRs coach, but people inside the Dolphins didn’t view him as a good coordinator.
- Dolphins signed eight players to futures contracts. (NFLTR)
Maybe someday more will be revealed about the curious career of Panthers S Tre Boston. Despite being a well-above-average starting safety for the past few seasons, Boston has had to settle for one-year deals signed during the summer ever since Carolina surprisingly waived him before the final year of his rookie contract. Now with 11 interceptions in the past three seasons, Boston’s ready for a little more of a raise.
“Not a little more, shit. It’s time,” Boston said via the Athletic’s Jourdan Rodrigue and Joseph Person. “I told y’all year after year, compare Tre Boston’s stats to the top-10 paid safeties and there’s no difference. It’s like, what is stopping them from paying me the same as the rest of them? I’m going out there banged-up just like the rest of them, numbers just like the rest of them. So for me it’s all about getting my worth.”
- Rodrigue and Person say the franchise tag has been discussed as an option for Panthers CB James Bradberry in 2020.
- A league source believes the Panthers will start on a long-term deal for RB Christian McCaffrey, with the two sides potentially agreeing during the spring or summer.
- Panthers first-round rookie LB Brian Burns said he plans to add about 10 pounds to get to 255 pounds to help his play strength and make him more scheme versatile.
- The Panthers have team options this offseason for both DT Dontari Poe and WR Jarius Wright.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer believes Patriots OC Josh McDaniels would take either the Browns or Panthers jobs if structured correctly.
- He adds McDaniels staff list includes Redskins OC Kevin O’Connell in the same position and Colts secondary coach Jonathan Gannon as defensive coordinator.
- The Panthers’ interview with Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy is scheduled for Thursday. (Josina Anderson)