Todd Archer takes a look at four young players with a lot on the line in the coming weeks including: OT Darrion Weems, WR/KR Lucky Whitehead, seventh-round TE Geoff Swaim, and WR Nick Harwell.
- According to Michael Rothstein, last year’s second-round OLB Kyle Van Noy isn’t in contention for a starting role, barring an injury.
- Despite another lackluster summer, Rothstein believes WR Ryan Broyles has a shot to make the Lions’ roster, but the fact that isn’t used much on special teams could ultimately hurt his chances.
- Based on the recent comments from HC Mike McCarthy and QB Aaron Rodgers, Rob Demovsky expects FB John Kuhn to make the team.
- In fact, Demovsky can still see them keeping sixth-round FB Aaron Ripkowski, who has stood out on special teams.
- Demovsky considers it a lock that the Packers will keep three quarterbacks including fifth-round QB Brett Hundley.
- This could lead to them keeping just five receivers with Jared Abbrederis possibly on the chopping block.
- Despite reports that Redskins owner Dan Synder will ultimately make the decision as to whether or not to retain QB Robert Griffin III, John Keim mentions that GM Scot McCloughan will have a strong say in the matter at some point.
- Keim mentions that it would be difficult for Washington to keep a fourth running back such as Trey Williams on their 53-man roster.
- Keim can see the Redskins keeping an extra offensive lineman to help with the tight ends and specifically mentions that Tom Compton as someone who could fit this role.
“From what I know of the situation, yeah,” Robinson said, via Pro Football Talk. “He’s dug in. He really feels that they have the ability to pay him.
“Kam is not only a leader on this defense, he’s a team leader. He’s a guy that he can go to and be able to talk to a guy like Marshawn [Lynch], be able to talk to a guy on the offensive side of the ball to get him straight. He is everything to this team. I know there are guys out there making plays for the Seahawks right now, but nobody’s Kam Chancellor. Nobody sets the tone physically like Kam Chancellor. . . . He is the boom to the Legion of Boom.”