- Aaron Wilson reports that the Dolphins had RB Bronson Hill in for a visit.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles announced following Thursday’s game that QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will undergo thumb surgery on Friday.
- According to Bowles, the expectation is that Fitzpatrick could be available for their game against the Texans.
- Bowles told reporters that RB Zac Stacy suffered a fractured ankle.
Lions interim GM Sheldon White admitted that the only way he’ll be a candidate for the job after the season is if the Lions turn things around and starting winning games.
“I love the clarity that Mrs. Ford told me,” White said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “She told me she’s hiring me as the interim General Manager, but the reality of it is, this isn’t a Supreme Court justice appointment. The only person with a lifetime appointment in this building is our owner, and so the way I look at everybody, we’re all interim General Managers, we’re interim coaches, we’re interim players. Eventually, it’ll be over, and we’ll be telling stories.”
“We have to win,” White added. “Will I be a candidate [for the full-time job]? I can give you the best way to be a candidate is to win games. Obviously, if we don’t, then I won’t be a candidate. But if we win these games and we find ways to get better and improve our roster, maybe I will be.”
- Field Yates reports that the Seahawks gave WR Ricardo Lockette a $25,000 signing bonus this week without making any other tweaks to his contract.
“My goal is always to try to get better as fast as possible,” Roethlisberger said Thursday before practice. “If I’m feeling good enough and coach determines I’m good enough to be out there on Sunday, then that’s the goal.”