- There were reports that the Dolphins had interest in Memphis QB Riley Ferguson, but Barry Jackson says Miami never pursued him after this year’s draft.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins did, however, show some interest in Texas Tech QB Nic Shimonek before he signed with the Chargers.
- Jackson notes that if Ryan Tannehill suffers another season-ending injury in 2018, the Dolphins will have positioned themselves to get the top quarterback in the 2019 draft based on who they have backing up Tannehill.
- As for signing their draft class, Jackson reports that the Dolphins have indicated that they probably won’t sign their full class until June, when $17 million of dead money will come off of their books following the release of DT Ndamukong Suh.
- Nick Underhill considers Marshon Lattimore, Ken Crawley and Patrick Robinson to be locks to make the team at cornerback. This could leave P.J. Williams, Justin Hardee, Arthur Maulet, Kamrin Moore and Natrell Jamerson fighting for two spots this summer.
- According to Underhill, Brandon Coleman, Tommylee Lewis and Austin Carr will likely be fighting for one roster spot at receiver while Tre Edmunds and Daniel Lasco may have one spot available at running back for the Saints.
- At quarterback, Underhill says that the Saints are high on Taysom Hill and it’s possible they may only carry two quarterbacks if Hill emerges as the winner.
- If the Saints keep five wide receivers, Underhill expects Brandon Coleman, Austin Carr and Tommylee Lewis will be fighting for the fifth spot.
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll confirmed Sunday that S Earl Thomas is skipping voluntary workouts and they aren’t sure if he’ll be in attendance for offseason workouts.
“We’ll find out. We’ve got to communicate,” Carroll said, via Brady Henderson. “Phase 2 doesn’t look like it’s suiting him right now, so we’ll see, we’ll see what’s happening. Phase 3 is around the corner for us, so we’ll see. We’ve got one more week of Phase 2.”
- Bob Condotta says that tryout WR Damore’ea Stringfellow had a good minicamp and based on Carroll’s comments, there appears to be a chance he could be signed to a contract.
- Carroll mentioned that rookie Shaquem Griffin appeared to be comfortable at weakside linebacker. (Bob Condotta)