- OC Aaron Kromer held a final meeting with Bears offensive players at his house on Monday. (Ian Rapoport)
- DE Jerry Hughes said he will not accept a discounted contract to stay in Buffalo for 2015.
“Yeah, I’ve never heard of that,” Hughes said, via Mike Rodak. “I guess that’s a nice little deal, kind of throw that out there. But I’ve never heard of a hometown discount in the business world.”
- HC Andy Reid said he has yet to consider placing SS Eric Berry on the NFI list. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Doing so would free up some cap room for the Chiefs, so this is something to watch in the coming months.
- HC Jay Gruden said he plans to have everyone to take some time off this week before starting evaluations and considering potential coaching changes.
“I’m not anticipating anything right now,” Gruden said of changes to his staff, per Jeff Darlington. “Let’s take a deep breathe. Let’s wait for the evaluation process.“
- Gruden did not endorse Robert Griffin III as the team’s 2015 starter, but said they will be very methodical about quarterback position during the offseason. (Jeff Darlington)
- Gruden added that he would recommend keeping DC Jim Haslett.
- HC Ken Whisenhunt told reporters on Monday that they do not know who will be team’s starting quarterback next year.
“It’s an important decision for us,” Whizenhunt said. “And we have time to make that decision.”