“He’s not quite on the same level of Jamal Adams when it comes to changing the entire culture of a locker room, but he is just as talented and probably more versatile,” the executive said.
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis denied reports from last week that he’s planning to move on after the season and could even consider taking a position as a GM. However, Jim Owczarski of the Enquirer spoke with nine members of the Bengals organization and none of them are buying Lewis’ comments.
- In fact, Owczarski’s says that Lewis’ future with the team remains a topic of conversation in the locker room.
Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that the Jets trade that sent DL Sheldon Richardson to the Seahawks in return for WR Jermaine Kearse and a 2018 second-round pick continues to look better and better for New York.
Cimini points out that the Jets managed to get a starting-caliber player at a position of need and they will still have a solid draft pick to continue building their roster next year.
“It worked out great for the Jets,” an AFC scout tells Cimini. “Kearse is just what they needed, and the second-round pick will come in handy — all for a guy who will be a free agent. That’s a win.”
An AFC personnel director added: “In the trade, they got back a round richer and a resource a year earlier. They got a little lucky because it was hard to find a buyer because of the character issues and the fact that he was heading into the last year of his deal. So to get a two was a plus.”
- Connor Hughes of NJ.com reports that QB Bryce Petty took all of the Jets’ first-team reps on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Meanwhile, Christian Hackenberg actually split scout-team work with practice squad QB Joel Stave.
- According to Howard Balzer, the Jets brought in free agent G Greg Pyke for a tryout on Wednesday.