- Tony Pauline reports that “there will be a significant inspection into [FSU RB Dalvin Cook‘s] background leading up to the draft.” According to Pauline, if Cook ends up falling in the draft, it’s likely to due to red flags.
- Iowa CB Desmond King mentioned that he’s willing to move to safety, which a number of draft experts have said could be the best move for him as he enters the NFL. (DraftWire)
- The Broncos officially hired Geep Chryst as their new TEs coach on Friday.
- Alex Marvez is reporting that changes are expected to be coming to the Chargers’ strength and training staffs, due to the number of injuries the team dealt with during the 2016 situation
- Todd Archer reports that Cowboys LB Anthony Hitchens will receive over $1 million for proven performance escalators after he played more than 35 percent of the team’s snaps last year.
Seahawks CB Richard Sherman downplayed the severity of his MCL injury on Friday.
“It wasn’t that serious, so there’s nothing to address,” Sherman said, via Conor Orr of NFL.com.
The NFL is reportedly investigating the Seahawks’ failure to disclose Sherman’s injury during the season and the could possibly lose a second-round pick, depending on what the league finds.
Sherman added that he doesn’t think Seattle should be punished for the situation.
“I don’t think the team should be punished, no,” Sherman said. “There’s been a number of teams that have been warned so we’ll see what happens.”