- Missouri TE Sean Culkin will workout at the Buccaneers’ local prospect day on Friday. He also participated in the Chiefs’ local prospect day. (Greg Auman)
- Virginia S Kelvin Rainey worked out for the Texans on Saturday and spent “a lot” of times with DBs coach John Butler and team scouts after his workout. (Aaron Wilson)
- Charleston WR Joey Augustin worked out for Buccaneers scout Andre Forde at Shepherd’s pro day. (Greg Auman)
- Tim McManus of ESPN mentions that while the Eagles have an obvious need at cornerback a trade can’t be completely ruled out, given how aggressive Howie Roseman has been in recent years, it’s still unlikely they will acquire CB Richard Sherman from the Seahawks.
- The most obvious with the idea is the simple fact that the Eagles only have $2 million of cap space to work with right now and Sherman is set to make $11.4 million this season.
- McManus adds that even if Philadelphia included a player in the deal and reworked Sherman’s contract, it will still be a difficult move to make for them.
- Beyond that, McManus points out that the Eagles have said publicly that they’re focused on a long view in regards to building the team and this kind of move would greatly impact that.
- Although John Keim of ESPN writes that the guard position is one of the Redskins’ largest positions of need, he would opt against drafting one in the first round, due to the team finding four of their five starters later on in the draft.
- Keim names Alabama ILB Reuben Foster, Temple ILB Haason Reddick and Tennessee DE Derek Barnett as three prospects worth watching at No. 17 overall for the Redskins.
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey said at the NFL owners’ meetings that RB DeMarco Murray will continue as the team’s workhorse, while Derrick Henry will be his primary backup.
- Jim Wyatt expects the Titans to draft a tight end at some point during the draft and mentions Alabama’s O.J. Howard, Miami’s David Njoku, Michigan’s Jake Butt, Mississippi’s Evan Engram, Ashland’s Adam Shaheen and Virginia Tech’s Bucky Hodges as the top options available.
- As for adding a wide receiver, Wyatt expects the Titans to draft at least one receiver but adds that they won’t force him into the team’s No. 1 role.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!