- According to Jenna Laine, the Jets told LSU S Jamal Adams that they don’t think he’s going to be available to them at No. 6 overall.
- Darren Wolfson mentions that nearly every running back is “drawing interest” from the Vikings including NDSU’s King Frazier.
- Falcons recently worked out Houston CB Howard Wilson and DE/OLB Tyus Bowser. Bowser also visited with the team in Atlanta. (Vaughn McClure)
- Virginia S Kelvin Rainey has been recently contacted by the Jets, Jaguars, and Lions. (Aaron Wilson)
Falcons HC Dan Quinn mentioned that free agent acquisition DT Dontari Poe looks “really good.”
“I would say he looks really good,” Quinn said, via Vaughn McClure of ESPN. “The team came back in shape. And it was cool for me to see him like, ‘How’s it going, getting dropped in here as a new guy?’ He said, ‘It’s cool.’ I’m not allowed to be on the field with him for a few more weeks, but word on the street was he looked really good (during workouts).”
Part of Poe’s deal tied to weight-based incentives, but Quinn mentioned that they’ve yet to assign him a nutritionist to help maintain a healthy diet and weight this year.
“I haven’t done that yet,” Quinn said. “He’s lighter now than he was during the season in Kansas City, so not necessarily, yet. You guys will get to know him and he’s a really squared away guy. If he shows that would help him, then we’ll help him with that.
“He’s got a plan on how to get lighter because we’re going to play him at a little different style. So he’s already on that path. I’m not going to encourage more than what’s already on the path right now.”
- John Keim of ESPN writes that the Redskins want an edge pass rusher “in the worst way” and has been an offensive priority for them this year.
- Keim believes that Washington will target an edge defender in part because DE Trent Murphy will serve a four-game suspension, LB Preston Smith did not play well last season and will be a free agent in 2018, and LB Junior Galette has missed the last two seasons due to Achilles’ tears.
- Keim could see Temple LB Haason Reddick being a good fit for the team, considering he can play as an edge rusher in their nickel/dime packages and also hold up in coverage. Although Keim says Reddick projects to be an inside linebacker in their system.
- If Reddick is unavailable at No. 17 overall, Missouri DE/LB Charles Harris could be their next best choice with Kansas State DE Jordan Willis also being an option, depending on what happens with Harris and Reddick.
- Keim expects the team to draft a defensive tackle in either the second or third round.
- In the event the Redskins select an offensive player at No. 17, Keim could see Stanford RB Christian McCaffery being an intriguing prospect for the team.
- Keim’s “gut feeling” is that the Redskins would “strongly consider” Alabama LB Reuben Foster at No. 17 if he is available.