- Charles Robinson could see the Cowboys, Steelers, Jets and Chargers all being the market for wide receiver help over the next few months based on the level of interest they showed in receiver prospects this week.
- Robinson clarifies that the Steelers and Chargers may be looking for a “steal and stash” guy at receiver.
- Robinson has heard that Iowa State WR Allen Lazard (6-5, 222) may have to transition to tight end, as there are questions about his NFL speed. Robinson mentions that he has a big body and large hands and it’s possible he could be a “Jimmy Graham type.”
- According to Robinson, Penn State WR DaeSean Hamilton had a strong week at the Senior Bowl and had long interviews with the Cowboys, Jets and Chargers this week.
- Dan Graziano reports that former Cardinals OC Harold Goodwin could fit as an OL coach for teams such as the Titans, Giants, Lions or Colts.
- Matt Maiocco reports that the 49ers are looking to add an assistant defensive line coach under Jeff Zgonina. Maiocco hears that USC DL coach Kenechi Udeze is meeting with the 49ers on Thursday.
Falcons president Rich McKay mentioned during an interview with Pro Football Talk Thursday morning that while they may not have a long-term extension in place for QB Matt Ryan in the coming weeks, it’s a priority for them this offseason.
“It’s not something that I’d look for in the coming weeks, but it is something that we’ll work on,” McKay said. “It will be a priority. We’ve already begun the discussion. Now, the question, when will that happen? These deals tend to have their own pace to them based on the sense of urgency on both sides, so I’m not going to give you a prediction.”
This comes after Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff recently said that their “main focus” this offseason is to sign Ryan to a contract extension. (NFLTR)