- Joel Corry mentions that the Ravens could pick up $6.5 million of cap room by releasing veteran OT Eugene Monroe starting on June 2.
- However, they would also incur a $4.4 million cap charge for the 2017 season by cutting Monroe loose.
- There has been speculation that Monroe could be a cap casualty after they drafted OT Ronnie Stanley with the No. 6 overall pick. The Ravens have downplayed releasing Monroe, but it’s clearly something worth keeping an eye on.
- Should Monroe test the open market, Corry suggests the Bears, Giants, and Seahawks as teams that may have interest.
The Buffalo Bills announced (via Mike Rodak) that they’re bringing in seven undrafted rookies for tryouts this weekend including:
- RB Shon Carson (South Carolina)
- LB Jesse Hayes (Wisconsin)
- OLB Michael Keck (UNC Pembroke)
- QB Joe Licata (Buffalo)
- S Taj Letman (Marshall)
- CB Donnell Lewis (Towson)
- OLB Chima Uzowhie (Liberty)
Bills HC Rex Ryan said that LB Preston Brown will return to being the team’s main signal caller on defense this season. However, rookie LB Reggie Ragland is running the defense during rookie camp this week. (Mike Rodak)
- Broncos VP of football operations John Elway told Denver Sports 760 Friday morning that they believes first-round QB Paxton Lynch will be “ready quicker than a lot of people think.” (Ryan Koenigsberg)
- Kevin Bowen reports that former Notre Dame QB Everett Golson will be among the players trying out for the Colts at their rookie minicamp this weekend.
- Colts signed fourth-round LB Antonio Morrison to a four-year deal.
- Raiders DE/OLB Mario Edwards (neck) announced via his Instagram account that he’s been medically cleared to return to football.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!