Home Falcons NFL Notes: Falcons, Jets, Lions, Raiders & Rams
- According to Adam Caplan, Falcons CB Robert Alford‘s four-year, $38 million extension includes $12 million fully guaranteed at signing and another $9 million becomes guaranteed on February 10.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said RB Matt Forte underwent an MRI on Monday and is “day-to-day” after hyperextending his right knee during Week 14. (Rich Cimini)
- Although Bowles said Forte experienced swelling as well as “cracking and popping” in his knee, he is confident that there is no ligament damage.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN could see the following contract-year players for the Lions test free agency: WR Andre Roberts, RT Riley Reiff, RG Larry Warford, DE Armonty Bryant and LB Josh Bynes.
- Rothstein mentions that while Reiff and Warford have played well for Detroit, they could both command sizeable contracts on the open market.
- The question for Reiff remaining on the roster is whether he’s willing to continue playing at right tackle or look for an opportunity to move back to left tackle.
- As for Warford, it depends on how the staff feels he compares to Laken Tomlinson, Joe Dahl, or someone not currently on the roster.
- While the Raiders have yet to hear anything about suspended DE Aldon Smith being reinstated, they are “hopeful” to have an answer within the next couple of days. (Paul Gutierrez)
- When asked about GM Les Snead’s future with the team, Rans COO Kevin Demoff said the team is undergoing a full review: “Starting today we’ll have a complete review of the entire organization. We’ll analyze that department.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Demoff mentioned that they will be open in regards to their coaching search and will not limit their criteria to interviewing just offensive, defensive, or special teams coaches. (Myles Simmons)
- Regarding former HC Jeff Fisher, Demoff said the decision to fire him was performance based and took into account the team’s disappointing Week 14 showing: “Solely a performance issue. We wanted to make sure games like yesterday didn’t happen again.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Demoff didn’t pure everything on Fisher, saying: “This is an organizational failure. … We all have to take a look in the mirror,” (Myles Simmons)