Hays Carlyon of the Florida Times-Union takes a look at four notable free agents and offers some speculative fits for them in the coming months.
- Carlyon can see the Chargers making sense for Foster, as he could provide them an experienced running back to go along with first-round pick Melvin Gordon.
- Greg Hardy is still available, but there hasn’t been any reported interest in him since the market opened over a month ago. Carlyon suggests the Vikings as a team who could be a fit for Hardy, as they could use another pass-rusher.
- Veteran WR Anquan Boldin has said he’s taking his time making a decision, but Carlyon believes he would be a good option for the Steelers now that Martavis Bryant is suspended for the season.
- Interestingly enough, Caylon considers the Broncos to be the best fit for QB Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of the Jets.
- Albert Breer confirms that the Cowboys met with Cal QB Jared Goff this morning and adds that the Dallas’ brass went to dinner with him last night as well.
- According to Breer, the Cowboys have done “extensive work” on Goff.
Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said that they have yet to make a decision regarding LT Luke Joeckel‘s fifth-year option.
“After the draft, I’ll let my mind clear a little bit and talk to Luke a little bit, too,” Caldwell said, via the Florida Times-Union.
- The Jaguars hosted Houston CB William Jackson for a visit on Thursday. (Ryan O’Halloran)