- Dan Graziano of ESPN writes that there is at least a chance that the Giants could part ways with veteran OT Will Beatty after this season and move forward with first-round pick Ereck Flowers as their starting left tackle.
- Graziano sees the Giants keeping four safeties coming out of the preseason.
- According to Graziano, “there’s nothing at all to indicate that the Giants would even consider firing GM Jerry Reese.”
- According to Rob Demovsky, the Packers keeping three quarterbacks is a “lock.”
- Demovsky adds that there’s no way the Packers cut fifth-round pick Brett Hundley.
- The Packers really could end up keeping just two halfbacks to go along with fullbacks John Kuhn and Aaron Ripkowski, according to Demovsky.
- Demovsky considers Rajion Neal to be the favorite for the Packers No. 3 running back job.
- The Packers appear to be set on playing first-round pick Damarious Randall at cornerback.
- John Keim could still see the Redskins going after a quarterback next year, even in the event that Robert Griffin III has a good year.
- However, Keim admits that this is likely to have more to do with replacing Kirk Cousins, who will be a free agent.
- Keim doesn’t see owner Dan Synder considering a possible name change until sponsors start pulling out and forcing the issue.
- Keim isn’t sold on Trent Murphy being a full-time starter and instead expects Preston Smith to get a shot at some point.
- Former first-round pick Cordarrelle Patterson is currently the fourth receiver on the Vikings’ depth chart.
- Ben Goessling projects Patterson will finish the year with 15-20 carries and 30 catches for 400 yards.
- Goessling gets the impression that Anthony Barr‘s knee injury isn’t all that serious, even though the team has yet to offer much in terms of details regarding the issue.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!