Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell has made it clear that Jacksonville would welcome back WR Justin Blackmon, assuming he is reinstated after his most recent substance abuse suspension.
“It’s currently in the league’s hands and it’s in Justin’s hands, to be honest with you,” Caldwell said on PFT Live. “The reports I’ve gotten second-hand is that he’s doing the right things and engaging in the program and he’s really trying to make positive strides in his life.“
“We’ll welcome him back if he does all the right things and hopefully the league shows some urgency in trying to focus on him and he shows some urgency in trying to do the right things. Right now, those reports are positive.”
Head Coach Lovie Smith outlined the plan he has for re-building the Bucs roster.
“We’re building our team through the draft”, Smith said, via Pat Yasinskas. “But you still have to use free agency when you feel the need.“
Coach Smith explicitly noted that Tampa Bay could be active in free agency despite past misses.
“It’s not like we’re out of the free agency business. Hopefully, we can make some better decisions. Just because something didn’t turn out, we’re not going to stop playing football. We’re going to get back up on it and start doing things better. We’re going to do a better job in free agency and everything else this year.”
- Raiders Owner Mark Davis is determined to move the Raiders to Los Angeles-with the Rams or the Chargers-and has thus been cooperative and content as the so-called “second team” in this possible relocation. (Jason La Canfora)
- La Canfora adds that Davis is intent on improving revenue streams, and earning revenue from suite sales and sponsorships that would inevitably flow from a new facility-albeit as a co-tenant.
Aaron Wilson reports the Ravens have met with the a number of prospects at the Combine including:
- Baylor WR Antwan Goodley
- Alabama QB Blake Sims
- ASU G Jamil Douglas
- Kentucky DE/OLB Alvin “Bud” Depree
- Duke WR Jamison Crowder
- Nebraska WR Kenny Bell
- FSU OL Cameron Erving
- South Carolina OL Corey Robinson
- Head Coach Pete Carroll said that Seattle is negotiating “in earnest” to re-sign RB Marshawn Lynch, and added that “we’ve had big offers out there.” (Ralph Vacchiano)