- According to video obtained by TMZ, Browns RB Kareem Hunt was questioned by the police following a “small argument” with a friend.
- Hunt was not arrested or detained. A witness told TMZ Hunt was involved in an altercation with another man, but wasn’t sure if it was a real fight or if the two were just messing around.
- Cleveland police spokeswoman Jennifer Ciaccia said there was no police report, body camera video or other documentation of any incident with Hunt, per Cleveland.com’s Adam Ferrise.
- A Browns’ spokesman tells Matt Verderame that they are aware of the situation involving Hunt and have spoken to him, but they have no further comment at this time.
2020 NFL Draft
According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, eight seniors received the equivalent of first-round grades from National Football Scouting, including:
- Washington OT Trey Adams
- Auburn DT Derrick Brown
- Alabama DL Raekwon Davis
- LSU CB Kristian Fulton
- Oregon QB Justin Herbert
- South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw
- Notre Dame DE Julian Okwara
- Vanderbilt TE Jared Pinkney
- Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio expects the franchise tag to be a topic of discussion between the NFL and NFLPA during negotiations for the next CBA.
- Florio says the NFL could make the tag the average of the top ten highest-paid players at any position, which would likely mean teams would use it primarily on quarterbacks.
- Florio reasons the incentive for the players is obvious, as the tag restricts their ability to hit free agency and sign major contracts.
- While the NFLPA likely would need to make some kind of concession during negotiations, Florio believes adjusting the tag would be good for the NFL as well, as it would make free agency more exciting.