- A source close to the situation tells John Keim of ESPN that the recent trade in which the Patriots sent QB Jimmy Garoppolo to the 49ers could actually prompt other teams to get involved with in free agency next year.
- Keim lists the Cardinals, Jets, Jaguars, Ravens, Browns, Broncos, and possibly even the Vikings and Steelers as teams that could be in the market for Cousins along with the Redskins.
- Keim points out that Cousins two preferred landing spots, assuming he left Washington, are now gone as the Rams have Jared Goff and the 49ers have Garoppolo.
- Even with the Garoppolo trade, Keim says it’s hard to see how this changes anything for the Redskins. Washington may still have to franchise him for a third time next year to keep him around.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that the Dolphins could both make more moves today.
- There are some notable running backs available ahead of the deadline including 49ers RB Carlos Hyde and Colts RB Frank Gore, per La Canfora.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said they’ve “got a few things in the mill” regarding potential trades before today’s deadline. (Jon Machota)
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald assumes that the Dolphins would want a second-round pick for WR Jarvis Landry if they’re to trade him away.
- According to Salguero, Landry’s camp is frustrated they haven’t gotten a contract extension in place while the Miami has made multiple moves to extend or re-sign other players.
- Salguero says that the Dolphins are frustrated because they’ve asked Landry time several times to buy in to what the coaching staff is selling and to do it their way. However, he hasn’t up to this point.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Eagles are still in the trade market for a left tackle.
- Michael Lombardi doesn’t think the Eagles are done today after trading for RB Jay Ajayi, as each team he’s spoken to indicated they have something going with Philadelphia.
- Even after trading for Ajayi, La Canfora says that the Eagles have no plans to move RB LeGarrette Blount and expect him to have a role in their offense moving forward.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!