- Sources tell Albert Breer of NFL Media that the NFL doesn’t expect any progress to be made in regards to a team relocating to Los Angeles until next year.
- According to Breer, league will be “very involved” in what transpires with Los Angeles.
- The Broncos are working out QB Seth Lobato on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- TE Julius Thomas (ankle) plans to play in Week 15’s game against the Chargers. (Mike Klis)
- The Broncos have until Saturday to activate LB Danny Trevathan from the short-term injured reserve list, but he’s still unsure when he’ll be able to return to game action. (Mike Klis)
“I’m back as far as practice,” Trevathan said. “But whether I’m ready to play in a game, I don’t know.”
- FS Tashaun Gipson (knee) is confident that he’ll be able to return before the end of the season. (Andrew Gribble)
Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News writes that firing HC Tom Coughlin may not be the best move for the Giants.
According to Vacchiano, “the feeling among many in the Giants organization is that [owner John Mara] remains undecided” about Coughlin’s future with the team.
Vacchiano points to a lack of appealing coaching candidates, the fact that stability matters in the NFL and their decision to hire OC Ben McAdoo as some of the main reasons why it makes sense to give Coughlin another opportunity to turn things around.