- Mike Silver reports that former Chargers HC Mike McCoy will weigh several offensive coordinator options, which includes joining the Broncos, Bills and Jaguars among others.
- Kevin Acee reports that the NFL has extended the deadline for the Chargers to declare their intentions to move to Los Angeles by two days. The team will now have to make a decision by Tuesday, January 17.
- Jason La Canfora reports that former Rams defensive backs coach Dennard Wilson is joining the Jets’ coaching staff.
- David Newton of ESPN writes that finding a long-term solution at running back is key for the Panthers.
- Newton adds that Jonathan Stewart is a “short-term solution at best” and it could make sense for them to target a running back in either first- or second-round of the 2017 draft.
- From there, Newton suggests designating Stewart as a post-June 1 release, which would free up $6.25 million of cap space.
- Newton doesn’t rule out a scenario where the Panthers move on from Jonathan Stewart, Mike Tolbert and Fozzy Whittaker altogether.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!