Home 49ers NFL Notes: Odell Beckham Trade, Dwayne Haskins, Draft
- ESPN’s Jordan Raanan reports the 49ers discussed dropping down from No. 2 to No. 6 with the Giants in exchange for WR Odell Beckham at the NFL Combine.
- However, the Giants wanted DE DeForest Buckner, who the 49ers were unwilling to give up.
- The Giants also briefly discussed a trade with the Bills, but neither Buffalo nor San Francisco offered a first-round pick at the Combine.
- The Browns offered DE Emmanuel Ogbah to the Giants as a part of trade discussions before settling on S Jabrill Peppers.
- Raanan reports the Giants didn’t shop the Beckham deal around the league to see if anyone else would beat it, though it’s believed the 49ers would have been willing to offer more.
- NFL Media’s Lance Zierlein says his growing sense from speaking to teams is Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins might not be the second quarterback off the board.
- Zierlein writes Haskins’ stock could be more media-driven than team-driven, and he could slip on draft day as a result.
- Haskins is reportedly visiting with the Redskins and Broncos this week. (NFLTR)
- The Bills, Titans, Ravens, and Giants all had position coaches, offensive coordinators, or personnel executives at Stanford’s Pro Day, while Patriots’ director of player personnel Nick Caserio attended. (Tony Pauline)
- Pauline adds that the 49ers and Raiders had “large contingents” on hand at Stanford’s Pro Day.
- Stanford WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside met with the Titans and Saints last week, while the Ravens “rank him highly” and hope to draft “two receivers” by the third-round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Stanford WR/return specialist Trenton Irwin spent time with the Titans and Saints at his Pro Day and has official-30 visits scheduled with the Dolphins and Bengals.