- ESPN’s Adam Scehfter reports that within the next 24-48 hours, Patriots employees John Jastremski and Jim McNally are expected to be reinstated to their previous positions.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Rams still expect bring first-round RB Todd Gurley along slowly, even after HC Jeff Fisher didn’t rule out the possibility of him playing in Week 2.
- Cole doesn’t expect Gurley to get a heavy workload out of the gate, and is instead more likely to see something in the range of 8-10 carries intially.
- Even though the team is willing to get him involved somehow this season, Cole stresses that the Rams view him as a long-term star, and aren’t looking to use him for short-term gains.
Ravens HC John Harbaugh mentioned that they view Babin as a good fit for their defense, following the loss of Terrell Suggs for the season.
“I like the way he plays. I like his style, his mentality,“Harbaugh said. “He’s a tough, smart, hard-playing guy. I think he said it best. His resume is the tape. He was playing with the Jets in the preseason, and we watched that very carefully. He looked like he fit us well.”
- Seahawks CB Richard Sherman told reporters that he received a text message on Monday asking if he could learn to play slot corner. (Bob Condotta)