This amounts to $31.7 million. However, the remainder of guaranteed money is guaranteed for injury only.
The contract will create more fully guaranteed money on the fifth day of league years 2016 – 2018:
- 2016: $12.342 million of his base salary becomes fully guaranteed.
- 2017: $12.6 million of his base salary becomes fully guaranteed.
- 2018: $4.9 million of Wilson’s base salary of $15.5 million becomes fully-guaranteed.
- Saints new CB Brandon Browner said of the Patriots asking him to take a pay cut: “When they asked me to take a pay cut, it was time to get up out of there.” (Mike Triplett)
- Browns DL Billy Winn was carted off the practice field Saturday with an apparent right knee injury. (Akron Beacon-Journal)
- Browns rookie RB Duke Johnson tweaked his hamstring during practice Saturday, but doesn’t think he’ll be out long. (Nate Ulrich)
- Meanwhile, RB Terrance West suffered a calf injury in Saturday’s practice, which is not believed to be serious. (Mary Cay Cabot)
- Colts OL coach Joe Gilbert confirmed that Jack Mewhort will open camp as the team’s starting right tackle. (Phillip B Wilson)