Home Bengals NFL Notes: Todd Gurley, Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, & Falcons
- RB Todd Gurley said he won’t work out at Georgia’s Pro Day, but added that he’s doing light jogging and his rehab is going well. (Dan Brugler)
- According to Gurley, there’s no timetable for his return and stressed that he wants to be “safe” about the situation. (Dan Brugler)
- Gurley added that he has 24 interviews scheduled. (Dan Brugler)
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis confirmed that they will be looking at pass rushers in this year’s draft class.
- Lewis said they’re excited about QB A.J. McCarron‘s future with the team and believe he can be a good NFL quarterback.
- Lewis mentioned that WR Marvin Jones has “a lot on the line” and “a lot to prove” next year.
- LB Vontaze Burfict is “doing well” and working out full speed in his rehab.
- Falcons new HC Dan Quinn said that their offensive scheme is “tailor made” for Devonta Freeman and is looking forward to working with him.
- Quinn said that versatility is extremely important to his defense. He said that Florida DE/OLB Donte Fowler would fit this mold.
- GM Thomas Dimitroff said he believes Devonta Freeman can be the team’s feature back. (Vaughn McClure)
- Dimitroff said that signing WR Julio Jones to a long-term contract remains a priority. (Jay Adams)
- LT Jake Matthews is recovering from Lisfranc surgery. (Vaughn McClure)