Joel Corry of CBS Sports takes a look at eight veterans that could be on the roster bubble including Browns QB Brock Osweiler, Giants QB Geno Smith, Cardinals RB Chris Johnson, Bears WR Victor Cruz, Bengals OT Eric Winston, Saints LB Stephone Anthony, Bears OLB Lamarr Houston, and Panthers K Graham Gano.
- Corry believes that the Browns will have a difficult time trading Osweiler since he lost the starting role to DeShone Kizer, even if the team restructures his contract prior to trading him.
- Corry notes that Osweiler’s contract contains offset language, so the guaranteed money Cleveland owes him would be reduced by whatever deal he signs as a free agent. However, Corry expects Osweiler to sign a one-year, $775,000 league minimum salary in the event he’s released
- 49ers GM John Lynch said of free agent CB Joe Haden Wednesday during an appearance on KNBR: “We’ve been watching Joe for a while…We will always try to improve our team when we feel we can.” (Matt Maiocco)
- Lynch added he has not spoken with HC Kyle Shanahan since Haden was released this morning but plans to do so shortly. (Matt Maiocco)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Bears got some good news regarding WR Cameron Meredith on Wednesday, as an MRI showed that he only has damage to his ACL and MCL.
- According to Rapoport, Meredith could potentially be back by the start of OTAs.
- According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are among the teams involved in the chase for CB Joe Haden.
- Salguero says that Miami would like to add Haden but at some sort of bargain situation or perhaps even at some sort of trial situation.
- Here’s the latest regarding the interest in Haden. (NFLTR)