The Agent for Bills QB Tyrod Taylor, Adisa Bakari, believes his client has earned a new extension from the team. However, Bakari said that the 2016 season could every well end up being an addition for 31 other teams.
“It’s the Bills’ prerogative to do what they want to do as it relates to Tyrod Taylor or any other Bills player,” Bakari told the Buffalo News. “Fortunately, there are 31 other teams that have watched and will be watching Tyrod. And the fact of the matter is what Tyrod was able to do as a first-time starter in 2015 was give the Bills the best quarterback play they’ve had since Jim Kelly. If that isn’t enough to warrant an extension, I don’t know what will be.”
- Bills HC Rex Ryan said that the “entire organization believes in Tyrod Taylor, there’s no doubt.” (Mike Rodak)
- However, Ryan added that their cap situation has played a role in addressing his contract: “Right now it’s probably hard to bring those two things together with our cap situation.” (Mike Rodak)
- Ryan isn’t sure they “have to” take a quarterback in the draft because he believes EJ Manuel is “a solid No. 2 quarterback.” (Vic Carucci)
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak mentioned that they’re in “no hurry to add quarterback” while adding: “We talk about it everyday. The important thing is to get it right not rush it.” (Troy Renck)
- Kubiak said that free agent Robert Griffin III is on their list of quarterbacks to consider before adding that they’re looking at a number of options right now. (Troy Renck)
- Kubiak told reporters that he spoke to free agent WR Jordan Norwood on Monday, which Troy Renck takes as a sign of how much they want Norwood back next year.
- According to Kubiak, he has big plans for TE Jeff Heuerman and sees him completing for the tight end job this summer.
- Kubiak added that they haven’t ruled out re-signed veteran TE Owen Daniels. (Troy Renck)
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase said of the running back position and particularly Jay Ajayi: “Jay is going to be a big part of doing. I like to have multiple backs. We’re going to need to develop a stable of backs.” (Andrew Abramson)
- In regards to the running back position, Gase said “options will present itself” whether it’s draft or someone is cut in the coming months. (Andrew Abramson)
- Gase believes “we’re going to see a different guy” when asked about DE Mario Williams. (Armando Salguero)
- Gase acknowledged that they need more depth at corner, and added that it’s not easy to find really good ones. (Adam Beasley)
- Gase was asked if he thinks they’re a rebuilding team, to which he replied: “I don’t see us as a rebuilding team,” (Armando Salguero)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh told reporters on Tuesday QB Joe Flacco is on schedule to be ready for training camp and WR Breshad Perriman should be ready for OTAs. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Harbaugh said that they “aren’t done in free agency.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
- According to Harbaugh, they are still evaluating left tackle and expects to have competition at the position. One option could be Ricky Wagner. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Jeff Zrebiec considers Eugene Monroe “hardly a safe bet to return.”
- Harbaugh mentioned that they are still in free agent market looking for deals and casually mentioned that free agent OLB Dwight Freeney is still available. (Jeff Zrebiec)