Sources tell Mike Silver that one of the reasons for Brock Osweiler’s dissatisfaction with the Broncos is that he felt he lacked options in Gary Kubiak‘s offense, and wanted more freedom at line of scrimmage.
Silver adds that Osweiler cut off conversations with teammates and others in Broncos’ organization last week, which made it clear he wanted out.
- Benjamin Allbright has head that the Broncos quarterback targets consist of Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Robert Griffin III and Case Keenum.
- According to Allbright, Mike Glennon, Brian Hoyer and Sam Bradford are unlikely to be options for Denver.
- James Palmer of NFL Media mentions that of the Broncos’ 11 free agents, LB Brandon Marshall, who had a second-round restricted tender placed on him, could be the only player returning to Denver.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Eagles have interest in WR Andre Holmes.
- According to Caplan, the Eagles also had interest in Darrius Heyward-Bey before he re-signed with the Steelers.
- Jordan Raanan mentions Redskins free agent LB Keenan Robinson as a player to watch for the Giants.
- Mike Garafolo reports that Giants have had discussions with Robinson and have exchanged. However, there’s no deal to speak of as of now.
- Benjamin Allbright has been told that the Jets “definitely have their eye on a quarterback” in this year’s draft.
- Tom Pelissero reports that Vikings RT Phil Loadholt got no guaranteed money when he agreed to take pay cut in recent days.
- Instead, Loadholt will make a base salary of $2M, $250K in per-game roster bonuses, and $1.25M in play-time incentives.
- Pelissero adds that Loadholt’s deal includes an injury split, so he only makes $750K if he gets hurt.