Home Buccaneers NFL Rumors: Buccaneers, Dolphins, Falcons, Redskins, & Steelers
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that the Dolphins recent trade in which they swapped first-round picks with the Eagles is likely to result in them no longer having a shot at Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves or UCLA LB Myles Jack in round one.
- Instead, Jackson seems to think Clemson DE Shaq Lawson, Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd, and Ohio State CB Eli Apple could make sense for them.
- Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott is another name to watch for Miami, according to Jackson, if the Broncos elect to match their offer sheet for RB C.J. Anderson.
- On the subject of free agent additions, Jackson mentions that the Dolphins are determined to add defensive end who can play a lot of downs.
- Miami is reportedly hosting Chris Clemons and Jason Jones for visits.
- Vaughn McClure reports that the Falcons are still in the running for free agent DE Chris Long, who visited with the team.
- According to McClure, Long “very much” enjoyed his visit with the Falcons, but plans to wait to make a decision on a new team until next week.
- John Keim of ESPN reports that the Redskins showed interest in DT Haloti Ngata before he re-signed with the Lions.
- Washington has also expressed interest in free agent S Reggie Nelson, but have no visit scheduled at this point in time.
- According to Keim, the Redskins may want to bring back veteran S Dashon Goldson, who was cut earlier in the week.
- Jeremy Fowler reports that the Steelers want to re-sign DT Steve McLendon, but they can’t promise him a lot of playing time, which appears to be a priority for him.