- Aaron Wilson reports that Norther Illinois LB Perez Ford spoke with several teams including the Browns, Dolphins, Chiefs, Jets, Lions, Chargers, Seahawks, Bears, and Redskins on Friday.
- According to PewterReport.com, the Buccaneers are still talking with free agent S Chris Conte and he could end up being their next signing.
- Jordan Raanan believes the Giants are more likely to sign Russell Okung than Donald Penn. Although, Raanan expects Penn to get paid by some team.
- Raanan mentions that it would be a tough sell for the Giants to try to convince Okung to move to right tackle so they can keep Ereck Flowers on the left side.
- In regards to free agent ILB Jerrell Freeman being an option for the Giants, Raanan says he hasn’t heard anything and has a hard time believing it’s a serious option.
Seahawks WR Ricardo Lockette said that he’s still hoping to return to the NFL after he suffered very serious neck injury last year. However, Lockette admitted that the possibility exists he may never play again.
“It’s a game, it’s what we signed up for and that’s what we do, and you accept the consequences that come with it,” Lockette said, via 710 ESPN Seattle. “I enjoyed my career if I never play again, and if I do play again, then I’ll come back with the same fire.”
Lockette is rehabbing in Seattle and his plan for now “heal up and get back to it.”
- Jeremy Fowler reports that the Steelers have at least explored the Eric Weddle market.
- Fowler admits that he isn’t sure he isn’t sure how far they would go to get him, but the idea isn’t totally dead.